I looooove guacamole, it's so refreshing, tasty, and easy to make! Below is my simple go-to recipe for guacamole (and a bonus recipe with the leftover ingredients).
- 1 medium sized avocado (I used a Hass avocado as they seem to be more common in New York grocery stores)
- 1/2 of a small onion
- 1/2 of a medium sized tomato
- about 1/4 of a jalapeno (more if you want it spicier)
- the juice of 1/2 a small lime
Now slice the avocado open and try to dice it while it's still in its peel.
Empty the avocado chunks into a bowl and start smashing it up. I like my guac chunky so I don't mash it too much.
Squeeze the lime into your mashed avocado and mix it all together.
Now add in your chopped onion, tomato, and jalapeno. Add salt to taste and you're done! Eat it up.
This is the amount of guacamole I make when it's just for me to snack on over a few days. If you wanted to make some for a party you can just multiply the recipe based on 2 servings per single avocado. For example, if I was having 10 people over I would use about 5 avocados so you would multiple all the ingredients by 5. I hope that makes sense >_<
You can make a nice salsa with the left over indigents!
- remaining 1/2 of the medium tomato
- remaining 1/2 of the small onion
- jalapeno (depends how much you have left)
- remaining 1/2 of the small lime.