- 2 cups all-purpose flour (and a little more for rolling)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (light or dark, i used dark)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large bowls
- Rolling pin
- Plastic wrap of tin foil
In one bowl wisk together the butter and sugar. Once combined add in the vanilla and egg. Place aside
In a second bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture into the wet mixture making sure to mix well.
Once all ingredients are combined split your dough into two equal parts and form them into very thick disks. Place both discs into the refrigerator wrapped in platic wrap for 15-30 minutes.
Your dough should now be cold and a kittle firm, this helps solidify the butter a bit so you can roll out your dough. Now with a rolling pin roll out one disc at a time to about 1/4 of an inch and cute cookie cutters to cut out desired shapes. I used one medium sized circle and one small.